THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »
We are taking a break for the summer until futher notice.

Week 4, Day 4

1. In 1 Samuel 1:18, what happened to Hannah after she completely surrendered her barrenness to God?

2. What was Hannah able to do the next day in freedom, repentance, faith, and hope? (v.19)

3. How does this process for Hannah help you in your prayers and faith today?

4. What happened in the course of time? (v.20)

5. How can you adapt Hannah's attitude to your prayer life? (James 5:13-18)

LESSONS AND APPLICATIONS

1. God wants His people to be joyful always, pray continually, and in every circumstance give thanks, for this is God's will for us! (1 Thess. 5:16-18) In what area of your life are you less than joyful, prayerful, or thankful? What will you do about it?

2. Worship of God can only happen in spirit and truth. (John 4:23-24) God knows every intimate detail of your life, and He cares about you! (Psa. 139:1-18) How do you bring honor to God in your life?

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

I get bored easily! There are times when my spirit is very rebellious! I am not thankful of my blessings at these times and I feel petty and selfish when this happens. I try to focus on the blessings of the day. How our house is nestled in a forest like a resort (instead of "I have to paint the window trim"), how I have a job that I love (instead of "This student cheated on her paper in my internet class"), how close our family is emotionally (instead of "I wish I could live closer to them"), and that my health is good (instead of "I could lose a few million pounds").
Cindy Faulkner

Sohl Gal said...

I agree, Cindy. There are many ways to look at any given situation we are in. If we choose to see the bad side, we can get bogged down. If we intentionally look for the good, or what we can learn or how we can grow, I think we're getting God's message from our struggles.

I also liked the message about sharing our struggles with others, so that they can pray over the struggles too. Sometimes it's hard for me to share what I'm dealing with for fear it will bring others down. I will remember that sharing is God's will, as is prayer.

Christina Ketchum said...

How do you bring honor to God in your life?
I try to be a good mom to my son and wife to my hubby. There are certain aspects of those jobs that I am not too fond of such as cleaning and going to doctor appts. But if we praise God during the less-than-fun times his light really shines through us to others.

P.S. Cindy- you don't need to lose a "few million pounds". You look great!

Anonymous said...

I have to admit that I am constantly seeing situations as they come and thanking God for them. God molded me into seeing the good in people for the most part. You know what's great, is the Psalms reading(139:1-18). God knitted us together in our mother's womb. When I look at my daughter and then look at other babies, I will remember Psalms 139. My daughter is such a character and I know God made her that way. He knew I could hang! I will rid those thoughts of why can't she just be mellow and embrace her for who God wants her to be. I always knew that God will bring me children so I can sit back and watch Him his work.Yes, I am suppose to discipline, but I am also supposed to enhance her God given personality. It's my duty to learn who my daughter is because God has done the molding.
JenK