THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »
We are taking a break for the summer until futher notice.

Week 6, Day 4

Church and the Bride

1. Read Joel 2:1-28 and write your thoughts regarding the Day of the LORD. (vv.1-11)

2. Read Joel 2:28-29 and explain what is meant by, "I will pour out My Spirit on all mankind." (see Acts 2:1-4, 10:23-48)

3. Look up 1 Corinthians 12:12-13 and Galatians 3:23-29. From these passages, describe who is included in the body of believers.

4. Whom do we belong to as stated in Galatians 3:29? Whose offspring, heirs according to promise, do we become?

5. How is this accomplished according to the following verses?
-Romans 4:13
-Galatians 3:18
-Galatians 4:21-31 (Rom. 9:6-8)
-Romans 10:6-13

6. If we are heirs of the same promise of Abraham, how did we arrive at this place? Was it by law or grace? Use all the passages you have studied today to answer this.

LESSONS AND APPLICATIONS

1. Those who put their faith in Jesus Christ as Lord and Savior are heirs with Christ and in the same spiritual family as Abraham. In what way are you rejoicing over your joyful heritage in Christ?

2. How does your life reflect the great joy of your salvation?

2 comments:

Christina Ketchum said...

In what way are you rejoicing over your joyful heritage in Christ?

I am very rejoiceful in the knowledge that I get to spend eternity with Christ in heaven. I am not sure what heaven is like but from scripture it sounds pretty amazing! I can't imagine how different everything would be if there was no eternity in heaven with Christ. Life would be worthless.

:-) Christina

DA Wagners said...

I rejoice because Christians are the chosen ones. Jesus said that any one who believes in Him would be heirs of Abraham. That is exciting. That means that the people we study in the Bible are our ancestors. I am so blessed that God would choose me! I just hope that I can do His will while I'm on this earth and not squander the chance to do something great. We have so many distractions in this life; I just need to daily fix my eyes on Him.